Dec 27, 2008
Please excuse the picture..it came out really bad. I was too lazy to scan it in.
All I want for Christmas is you.....
Boys: Mom, what do you want for Christmas?
Boys: Really mom, tell us.
Me: I have everything I want.
Honestly really, I do have everything I want. All I wanted was to spend the day with them and that is what I got. Now that Johnny is in "College" and such a busy man ...blah blah.. I hardly ever get to see him. So the few hours the three of us got to spend together was like heaven to me. This mom business... don't think I like it. Why do they have to grow up? People say it's part of life, but I don't like it. LOL..so now..I just have to wait for grandchildren.. EICK.. maybe not.
Dec 18, 2008
Dec 16, 2008
I totally forgot to post another Digi Layout of mine.
We (Lisa, Juls, Susie, me, April, and Kari) went out for some chit chatting and drinks. Of course being the scrappers that we are we had to take some pictures together.
I have to say I had a great time. It's great to talk to people who sit back and listen. It's not always about "me, me, me" but we all share in the conservation. I honestly think people don't realize they do that. I do tend to be pretty quiet, so when I can let loose I really appreciate it.
I've got the best secret ever. I can't let the cat out of the bag until Christmas day. FYI...it has nothing to do with me... but it is the best secret ever. So only 9 more days....OK a hint...I'm going to be a godmother... well technically...she doesn't know it yet, but yeah.. I have appointed myself the godmother. LOL. I can't stop smiling from ear to ear.
Credits on the digi kit.. Weeds and Wildflowers.
Dec 15, 2008
It was one of those weekends, all I did was lay on my bed and watch movies. Didn't feel like doing anything, didn't want to do anything. I think I must have watched at least 10 movies, if not more. Plus I watched a marathon weekend of "The Real Housewives of Orange County". I'm sad my favorite housewife Lauren is leaving, but you know family first - and that is why she is my favorite. Can't stand Vicki. Reminds me of someone I use to be close to.. ick. My other favorite is Gretchen, one of the newer housewives. Yeah I am an obsessed reality TV junkie, what can I say.
Well that is it. Nothing much else to say. If anyone in my family is reading this.. I need new socks for Christmas. That picture above is a hint. Oh yeah and more lovely scented candles please, and oh... more fire wood. Just love my fireplace.
Dec 12, 2008
It's been a while since I've done a digi layout. I really like how it came out. TFL.
Digi Kit from Weeds and Wildflowers
Jolly Holiday - Doodles
Jolly Holiday - Papers
Dec 11, 2008
1. Here is the Original Picture. What is it of? Well an itty bitty Christmas tree. It's in my cubicle. I think I'll keep it up all year. 2. Playing with filters. I first played around with the curves and lighten up the photo a bit. I then made a copy of the image in a new layer. For fun I decided to add in a cutout filter. Played around with the opacity.. and whalla this is what I got. I like it.
Our department has an annual bake off every December. Always tons of yummy deserts, and this year was no different. Let me tell you it's a big deal! Some teams get together to bake and others just pick a person to enter this contest. This year my manager baked for our team, it was the most yummy lemon/lime ice box pie.. don't know what's in it but it was good. First prize went to my co-worker Shalondra, she made the most awesome white chocolate raspberry cheese cake. YEAH it was good! My co-worker Lea made a chocolate tart thingie, again YUMMY and she won 2nd place. The 3rd place winners were my old department co-workers.
I'm off ... been playing with PhotoShop all morning. I'm feeling a little creative today. =) Got an idea and think I'll go home and play. *CHEESE*
Dec 9, 2008
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R’s: Respect for self, Respect for others and Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
20. Love as if you’ve never been hurt.
Dec 3, 2008
Have you ever heard about the busiest freeways in Los Angeles? I drive one of them, the 405 freeway. If you have ever driven that freeway I'm sure you can feel my pain. I only work 12 miles from work, but it takes me 1 hour to get here. Yeah imagine that. The picture below.. the 405/101 interchange. Looks pretty busy right. Here I think I was driving maybe 15 mph or was it 20 mph? I don't know either way it was very slow. LOL
Just for fun I thought I would post a picture of the building I work in. I work in the tall ugly white building.
And for those of you that I haven't seen a while... HERE's BUCKET. haha..
While I am at it, I've also been tagged by the wonderful Sue Fields..MISS YOU SO MUCH!! So lets see what she wants me to do.
1. Link to the person who has tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 others and let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6 Random things about me... lets see if I can come up with something totally new that no one knows.
1. OK here is a funny one. I was once a cheerleader for a local football team. Local being in South Carolina. The base put together football teams and one of the girls asked me to cheer with them. I think I cheered maybe 2 games then found out I was pregnant. How is that for totally random?
2. My first car ever was a Jeep CJ7. It was cool! I miss that jeep.
3. I love to climb trees.
4. I love motorcycles, off road type. I use to take off in my cousin's motorcycles. My dad didn't want to get me one because it wasn't very lady like. Whatever.. haha
5. Oh this is a good one, I work right down the street from where Marilyn Monore and Rodney Dangerfield are buried. Seriously. It's a very small cemetary that is hidden between some business.
6. I secretly wish I was Wonder Woman. haha.. Seriously, isn't her outfit the coolest ever! And she has the best toys ever.
Now to tag some people.
Honestly.. I tag you just for reading this. Who are you? I get hits all the time but no comments. So please play along with me and let me know who you are. =)
OH... also.. if you have a few minutes, check out this video. It's of my friend's daughter. The girl is amazing! She had me tears... I wish I could sing like her!
That is it for today.