Jun 15, 2009

This morning

I've been wanting to post about this all morning but needed to be in the right mind frame to write about this.

This morning I was running late to work. I woke up late, I left my hair curly, and I wore jeans to work... we had an all staff meeting and I wasn't dressed appropriately. OH WELL!!

Most mornings I see this lady walking in my parking lot towards the opposite end of where i am walking. I see her and she always has the biggest smile so I always smile and say good morning. Strangers you know I don't know her she doesn't know me but I smile anyway.

This morning as I am walking I see her bent over on a car. I look at her and smile but she has an odd smile. I stop smiling and walk towards her and ask her if she is OK. She is not, she is having an asthma attack. She had her inhaler but was still having a lot of trouble breathing. I stay with her hoping she is going to be OK. I found out her name is Andrea and she walks through the parking lot to the other side and waits for her boss to pick her up. I assume she is either a nanny or a house keeper for someone. About 5-10 minutes later she dialed her boss and asked me to talk to them and let them know what is going on. A man answers, what his name is I don't know, i tell him my name is Susan and I am with Andrea and that she isn't feeling well. He said he was around the corner on his way to go get her and was going to take her to the doctor right away. I said Thank you and I will stay with her until he arrives.

As all this is happening I see people walking by and not even turn their heads to see if they could be of assistance. I felt so bad, I even offered to drive her where ever she needed to go. She looked at me and said Really? I said of course. A few minutes after I talked to her boss he arrived to pick her up. I watched her get in the car and then continued on to my office. I was OK up until I got in the elevator. I started crying! I got off the elevator and quickly and went in a back door so that no one would see me.

I sat in my chair and I couldn't get her out of my mind. What if I would have kept on walking? What if I no one else would have helped her? I am glad I stopped to help her, I just hope she is OK.

UPDATE
I saw Andrea this morning. She is doing great. It made me smile to see her smiling face. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big hug and SMILE for the girl with the big heart!