May 22, 2012

5/22 Humm..put on a smily face

On my way to work on Wednesday morning (5/16) I got an email saying my friend Kelly passed away. I had to read it 5 times to make sure I had read it correctly. I was stuck on the words Kelly DeGon had passed away in her sleep on Monday. It's a lie. It had to be a lie. I cried. Cried all day. Cried the next day. And really haven't stop crying. 

I just saw Kelly. We talked about getting together. Doing a "Couples thing". She wanted us to get to know her husband-to-be better. She was so excited. She was so happy. I've been cussing out GOD. Why? It's not fair! I've been told it's part of the grieving process, it's OK to cuss him out.  

Tomorrow is her memorial service and it still seems unreal. Girl...I am going to miss you so much! 



Inspired Journey.
This is the best thing that could have happened to me. While I had all this sadness going on in my heart I had my friends to lift me up. Here are a few photos from this past weekends event.

 I sat next to the sweetest person ever! Erin I still want to make your card! She is so creative. The cards I had were curiosity of Joey Otlo of Bazzill. 
 


When was the last time I rode a bike? 
My friend Raul is really a girls best friend, for a straight guy. He is the one that has been pushing me to get on that bike and embrace it. We made a date and I said OK lets do this. But in the mean time I have to post this. Our conversation before my big day. I'm so glad he doesn't think I am crazy, I think any normal person would have said screw this...she is on her own.

   We got to the park and he was all excited to see the bike. I'm glad he was because I was ready to go home. While he got ready I rode around the parking lot. I got a little unsteady, tried to stop, turned into a parked car. My first bike/car accident. We finally got on the path and it went pretty good. The speedometer said my max speed was 13, where my average was 6.5. What does that mean? I have no idea but I thought it sounded super bike smart. 

In the end my body was sore, I was a bit too tense and held on to the handle bars for my dear life. But honestly I can't wait to do it again.

I am excited about the challenge and even more excited about my fundraiser. I am going to have an event with my friend Raul. He still has fundraising to do and mine has yet to start. He is training for an Iron Man and me for a Triathlon. I'm excited, we are planning an awesome Summer Party. Save the date for the evening of July 7th.  

No comments: