May 21, 2010

project 365 - 5/21 Salsa day

For today's Project 365 I thought I'd give out my sister's famous salsa recipe. It is so simple but oh so good. Thank you Veronica for sharing it with me and now I share it with you.

The ingredients:
1 medium onion
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 28 oz can of JalapeƱo Peppers (I prefer the already sliced ones)
1 bunch of cilantro
*not pictured salt for taste
5/22 salsa 1

Slice up the onions and throw those in the blender. Chop up the Cilantro and throw that in. You don't have to chop it up or anything, the blender will take care of that for you. Throw in the diced tomatoes and then throw in the can of jalapeƱos. Yes the whole can, include the carrots and the juice. Add in your salt for taste. Blend on low for about 30 - 45 seconds.

5/21 salsa 2

Store in your favorite container..and enjoy
5/21 salsa 3

It really is good. I make it at least once a month and it's gone in no time.

No comments: