Jul 27, 2009

TNT Winter Season & Scrapping on the Westide

I fell in love with 2 things Saturday Morning.

My first love.. my new Team in Training Track Jacket. LOL.


I know it's a little silly, but it really is the prettiest jacket I have bought in a while. This Saturday was the start of our new training season. I am so excited. I haven't decided which races to do with the team yet but I am really itching to do the Honolulu Marathon. WHY? Heck I don't know but why not right. So far coming up I have signed up for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run (yeah I know I just one in June but I like to play in the mud), Long Beach Half Marathon and the Las Vegas Rock n Roll Half Marathon. So ... I think a full marathon is on my list, my goal is to try and complete a full marathon once a year.. so I have 5 months to get out and do one. We shall see. Maybe...

So if any of my local friends are still interested in signing up, call me/email me. =) Check out the team website -> Winter 2009 Team. Trust me it's an experience you will never forget.

My second love... and now don't laugh... The Team in Training Iron Team. OMG... I looked at them all walking around and my mouth just fell. Right Janet... I couldn't shut up about them. For me it was like something out of a movie where you see the Rock Stars walk in and the bystanders can't move and all they do is stare. For me its just mind blowing to think how can anyone run 26.2 miles, bike 112 miles, and swim 2.4 miles... all in one day... Yeah I fell in love with the notion of doing that one day. Well... first I have to get over my fear of water, but maybe just maybe... but think about it.. How many people can do an IronMan? I really want to go watch one of these races. Telling you it just blows my mind.

OK enough of that. I left a few minutes early to go join my friends on the Westside for some Scrapping fun at the Westside Pavillion. I had such a good time. I knew I only had a few hours to scrap so I just went with the flow and made them simple. Thank you Maria, Yvette, and Karina, I had a really good time. Yvette, I can't stop laughing at your bathroom story... hahaha.. OK Maria I really must go over and play with your toys! =)

Here are two of my favorite layouts of the day.

Super simple like I said, but hey I completed a total of 6 layouts in 5 hours. Total record for me! I will post the others later when I get photos of them.



Saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince yesterday... I feel asleep during the movie. I don't know If they were just doing this movie as a filler to get on with the rest but I didn't like it at all.

I've been really busy at work. My 4 year long project is finally hitting the WOO HOO phase. You know that phase where all your hard work/headaches/screaming matches are finally going your way. It's been a really long month with this project and you know how you get emails and you just *sigh* when you see the subject...yeah that is how I feel about this project. So ready for it to be over. Tired of having to speak over voices to be heard. I was telling my manager I am pretty quiet and I do value other people's opinions, but sometimes I just have to put a stop to it. I am the project technical lead... so back off people! I am standing my ground and this is how it will be done.

My next project... master Oracle SQL. I have a few projects coming up that require me to create some queries and I hate to admit it I think I lost my touch. I use to be really quick when it came to my queries and analysis work. Thinking I may have to take a class and freshen up the skills... eick.

No comments: