Mar 21, 2009

Stuff, stuff and more stuff

First on to the scrappy stuff. Finally scrapped a page after a few weeks. Here is my submission for this weeks Scrapping the Music Challenge.

got_mud

Another layout from my Camp Pendleton Mud Run 2007. I just love it. I haven't had so much fun ever. I signed up again for this year's mud run I can't wait to go play in the mud again. =)






Team in Training....oh how sweet the sound of clapping hands at the end of a run. I know I am crazy, but I love it. I'm a little pooped today but it was all worth it.

It all started out a little crazy. I was at the park at 6:30 am. I felt a little rumble in my tummy...put my peanut butter and jelly sandwich down...ran to the restroom...BARF. Yeah I know but I want to talk about my day OK. I barfed. I did something bad. I took my vitamins this morning with a V8. I'm not sure if the V8 had anything to do with, but something upset my stomach. So I barfed again and I felt better and went back to the team. Threw away my sandwich.. =( and went out and did a warm up run. As we are running my pants are falling. LOL. Yeah I know what? Well I got this new pair of pants and well haha they were falling. I was running and thinking.. OK could this day could not get any worst? No right. So I went out and started to run had to pull over a few times to let out a little more. I barfed again...felt better but I ended up losing my group and was out on the road alone. Oh well. So I went to the first water stop and waited for the back end stragglers and figured I'll walk them in. I was only supposed to do 5 miles. I ended up walking with an amazing person named Leslie Suedkamp -> read her story here. I can't explain it, but honestly it's because of people like her that stick around and do what I do.

So even though my day started out really bad it ended up being an amazing day. After practice a few of us went to a local fire station to go sign up as marrow donors.

marrow_donor

It's a heart warming feeling to know that one day I might just save someones' life. I'm off for a nap now..tomorrow is the Pasadena Half Marathon. So 11 miles today, 13.1 miles tomorrow... what was I thinking when I signed up. CRAZY..is all I can say. Lets hope it doesn't rain - I'm afraid my hair will get all curly. LOL. Speaking of which..not sure if you can tell in the picture but my hair has gotten super long. I want to cut it but think I'll let it grow so that I can donate it. I'm sure someone out there would love a Carrot Top Wig. =)

If you read this far..you are a ROCK STAR. I tend to ramble when I am really tired. Off to take a nap.

bucket out *CHEESE* Peace and love and all that jazz.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Those pictures are PERFECT!!! WOW!!! Great job on this week's challenge! As always, thanks for playing along with us!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww.....LOVE the photos on your STM LO....HOW PERFECT are those??????? LOVE the cutout flowers too!!!!!! ITS GORGEOUS!!!!!!! And sorry U had a bad run....hope U are feeling better now! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Donna said...

This layout fits the song just perfectly!! I love seeing your work every week --- thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Scrapping the Music!!

mandysea said...

wowsers!!
tHIS IS totally cool!! Love those pics - perfect for the song!
thanks for playing along with us at stm

Kristii said...

I totally love your STM layout!!! Absolutely amazing!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at STM!!