Jan 20, 2010

Team in Training - this is how we do it.

Look at my friends. I've known most of these women for at least 2 years, if not more. I must admit my schedule always does include them. We plan our weekly workouts together, we plan our race weekends together, when we chat I swear I can't stop laughing.

2 weeks ago we threw a farewell party for one of my teammates, Ines. She has been such an inspiration and a great asset to the team. She is off to Miami and she will truly be missed.

13.1 Marathon Los Angeles

I signed up for this race maybe back in September. From the pictures I thought the race started at Santa Monica Pier, along the beach, then through Venice Beach and Culver City and back. It wasn't exactly what I thought. The race was mostly ran along Venice Boulevard, with lots and lots of potholes. I did it but was in pain the whole time. Yeah the foot still isn't the best but me being me I still did the race. All in all it was a great day filled with great friends and great conservation.

After the race Chely, Susie and I went over to the ocean to cool down our legs. The water was CCOOLLLDDD but it was a perfect ending to a great day.


Next race? I don't know right now. I haven't signed for any upcoming races. On my "WISH" list is Mayor's Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska. It was my first full marathon and I'd love to go back and do it again.

How could I forget I am signed up to do this crazy race, I guess since it's not a full or half marathon I didn't think about it. The Crazy Race - Warrior Dash. Read the event details below..and then you will know why I call it a crazy race. Maybe crazy isn't the word but tell me what do you think?

What the hell is Warrior Dash?

Warrior Dash is the ultimate event for thrill-seeking athletes. This running series is held on some of the nation's most demanding and unique terrain. Participants will conquer extreme obstacles and celebrate their feat with music, beer, warrior helmets and muddy shorts.

What do I get?

Free beer.
Warrior helmet.
Bad-ass Warrior Dash t-shirt.

Custom Warrior finisher medal.
Live music.
Post-race food and water.
The pride that comes along with being a Warrior.
Warrior race bib.
Steel warrior helmet age division prizes.
The craziest frickin’ day of your life. (YEAH!)

What should I bring?

Identification will be required.
A change of clothes.
Guts.

What should I wear?

There’s no way around it – you’ll be filthy when you finish. Wear clothes or a costume you don’t mind getting dirty. Good, solid running shoes would be a good bet too.

I want to wear a crazy costume / run barefoot / etc.?
You're good to go, as long as your costume or running shoes do not harm other participants.

I’m not in good shape. Can I do this?

Finishing Warrior Dash is more about mental toughness than being in great shape. (That being said... I am golden!)

Is Warrior Dash safe?

There’s certainly risk involved in Warrior Dash, but we take every precaution possible to get you to the finish line safely. There will be paramedics and an ambulance on site in case of an emergency. You enter Warrior Dash at your own risk.

Enter at your own risk.... uumm... sounds like fun don't you think?

No comments: