Sep 20, 2009

It's a joke right...seriously

I'm not a bad person. I'm good, I swear.

There are things that happen that are beyond my control. For example a bird shitting on me or me stepping in dog poop... as they say SHIT HAPPENS.
First let me explain. I live on the same property as my parents. For the most part it's OK. They drive me a bit crazy but they are my parents and I do love them. There are times where I have come home to find strangers sitting in my house with them. Oh Hi Mija.. this is cousin so and so and they are going to spend the night in your house. EXCUSE ME? Yes they are here visiting and we are wondering if they could spend the night..asking me this in front of the people..can I say no??!!! Yeah if you know me..I just smiled and swore it would never happen again. After these said cousins left the house I was going to have a word with my parents. Never happened. It's like this, I like to see my parents happy and for the most part I try and I mean TRY to be a pretty good daughter. My problem...I NEVER SAY ANYTHING.
So fast forward to tonight. I was out having dinner with some of my friends/teammates. I had 2 missed calls and 2 voice mails from my mom.
The first message "Mija, where are you? I need to talk to you. Call me back right away."
The second message "Mija, it's mom again. What time are you coming home? I need to talk to you?"
Well that sounded pretty serious don't you think? So I call my mom back.
Mom: "Mija where are you?"
Me: " I went out with Mark?"
Mom: "Where did you go?"
Me: "Mom we went out to dinner with friends."
Mom: "What time are you coming home?"
OK so now I am like what the heck is going on!!
Me: "In a while, why?"
Mom: "XXXX(name not provided to protect the innocent) has a table do you want it?"
Me: "Table? for what?"
Mom: "It's a real pretty table for your living room. Do you want it?"
What I consider pretty and what my mom considers pretty are two different stories.
Me: "Huh? Mom what if I don't like it"
I wanted to make it clear before I even saw it that I may not like it and prepare yourself and don't get mad. Like with clothes she always tells me, just try it on and if you don't like it it's OK. Trust me it's NEVER OK.
Mom: *heavy breathing through her nose* "Well once it's in your house you can do whatever you want to do with it!"
Me: "Well if I don't like it I am going to sell it at the Teams next garage sale."
Mom: "WELL... I am going to put it in your house and then you can do what you want with it."
ARGH... why didn't I say no??? ....see picture below.

It's a joke right? I have a pretty big living room and I can understand where my mom "might" think I would like this table.

I came home walk right to her house and said "OK mom where is the camera?? I'm on candid camera right? It has to be a joke! Why would you put that thing in my living room?"

She looked at me really sad and said, "You don't like it?"

No offense to anyone who likes this style of table but it's just not me. It is literally a 4 foot x 4 foot table. Maybe even 4.5 x 4.5 table. I don't know what my mom was thinking? Do I like it?? HELL NO!

I am still looking for someone to jump out of a dark corner and say... "SMILE YOU'RE ON CANDID CAMERA." It hasn't happened yet. What were my parents thinking? ...but..let me tell you this isn't the first time something like this has happened to me.

If you happen to like it and want it..email me. it's yours FREE...

3 comments:

Laura Fiore said...

That's a big ass table...and I think it would look lovely with all of your amazing halloween stuff all over it...just think, you could actually put your Christmas tree ON THE TABLE...and build a cage around it and babysit small children or that crazy devil dog there. With the glass top, it would be perfect to see what they're all up to!

You know you really want to keep it, LOL

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehehe...Laura's comment cracks me up....lol....i loveeeeeeeeee that laura!!!! :):):):):)

Ok...U and I must have had KINDRED SPIRITS last night....because sadly, my life consists of FAMILY DINNER night at my HOUSE every flippin' Sunday night...(i don't want this mind U....its just the way it is in my life....lol).....and things were said....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh were things said...lol...and I blew UP...on all of them...parents, in-laws....hubby....sooooooooooooo flippin' done with it all last night!!!! LOL.....telling ya girl....kindred spirits this weekend u & i are...lol!!!!

That is a cool table....BUT HOLY HUGE.....I have a small living room and that thing would drown my house....lol....call Donald Trump....his house I'm sure is big enough for it!!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Damaris said...

LOL...OMG...you are too freaking funny. Uhhhmmm...how about if you paint it? Will that help? LOL...I am sorry, I am trying to help. I would so take it off your hands if I lived near by. I swear one of my infamous cousins would defintiely want it. I understand about the parent hurt voice or look...you know the expression on their face that says "OH MY GOD, YOU ARE HURTING MY SOUL...MY OWN CHILD!!!!"...yup, atleast you have never had to wear a pink sweater with fishes on it...yup...I have pictures to prove it...LOL.
Hugs,
Me