Oct 11, 2008

Google Ex Smack Down

I saw this on a TV show last night and thought it would be so much fun to play. I added in my point system just to make it more interesting.

Find Ex in a newspaper article – get points (1 point)
Finding Ex in a newspaper article that involves criminal activity – lose points (-2 points)
If you find they have a family page – lose points (1 point)
Lose points if they have a myspace page (-2 points)
Hot MySpace Picture – make someone else drink, plus get points (2 points)
Get points if they are in a band (5 points)
Find Wedding or birth announcements = take a drink and get points (1 point)
Blog = shot and points (5 points) – well why not… gotta get points one way or another
Is something awesome = shot plus points (10 points)

Yeah this is how I am choosing to spend my Saturday night. It’s kind of silly I know but sometimes you just have to have fun.

First of all…I am too old for myspace. Facebook, ok yeah I am too old for that too, but that is what I am on and that is what most of my friends are on. So I am substituting myspace for facebook.

Ex #1 = Lost points here, found him on facebook. Nothing interesting going on.
Ex #2 = Lost points here too, found him on facebook, but again nothing interesting going on. I did find a reference to criminal activity… but nope its not him. Thank God!
Ex #3 = Found a news article for doing something good. So lets see, 1 point for finding Ex in newspaper article and yeah 10 points for being something awesome.
Ex #4 = Found him on facebook and found an article on him…so technically – 1 point for him.
Ex #5 = Now this one is interesting. Today as I was cleaning out a closet I found some really really old letters from this guy. He was a Marine and I was just joining. He turned out to be a great friend of mine, and can you believe I found over 50 of his letters. So I said… uumm why not google him. See if I can find anything on him. So I did. What I found was awesome. He had been discharged from the Corps but missed it so much that he went back in. Immediately when I read the article and saw his photo I was like oh yeah that was him. So nice to see such a great guy still doing good for our country. So how many points for him? Defending our country and the best article written about him and his family…I would say 100. LOL.

That is all I am going to do… because as it is when asked exactly how many boyfriends I had when I was single before I was married and after and I was divorced…well let’s just say I just had a lot.

So now if someone were to do a Google search on me lets see how many points they would get.

Find Ex in a newspaper article – get points (1 point)
Well technically there is a newspaper article out on me somewhere. Not sure if you can find it on-line but it’s out there. 1 point YEAH BABY

Finding Ex in a newspaper article that involves criminal activity – lose points (-2 points)
Augh NO! Scared to death of doing anything bad! I am innocent I tell you!

If you find they have a family page – lose points (1 point)
Nope.

Lose points if they have a myspace page (-2 points)
Gosh yes -2 points and should I subtract 2 more points for having a facebook profile also?

Hot MySpace Picture – make someone else drink, plus get points (2 points)
Augh NO. No hot pictures of me allowed on the internet.

Get points if they are in a band (5 points)
Nope.

Find Wedding or birth announcements = take a drink and get points (1 point)
No again.

Blog = shot and points (5 points) – well why not… gotta get points one way or another
Yes Yes… woo hoo 5 points for having a blog.

Is something awesome = shot plus points (10 points)
So what do you consider awesome? Would I consider myself awesome? I don’t know, I fundraise for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society… I raise money to save lives. I guess that could be considered awesome.

So total points = 1 – 4 + 5 + 10 = 12… woo hoo 12 points.

Ok yeah now that I read this…. Don’t laugh at me. I am at home on a Saturday night with a sick child. I was supposed to go to Long Beach to watch my participants do the Long Beach Marathon, but honestly I needed a weekend at home. So having a sick child at home was a great excuse to be home. =)

Happy Saturday night.

bucket

No comments: