May 31, 2012

5/31 Swim #2 Still smiling


Back when I was younger (like last week) I went to San Diego to Swim Qualify as part of my U.S. Marine training. In bootcamp I did pass, but back then all we had to do was float for I don't know about 5 minutes or so. We floated in our PT gear so it really was no big deal - for me at least. Then when I joined the reserves we had to re-qualify. This time it was in full Boots & Utes. I think that is where I first figured out I can't float and got a bit scared of the water. Here I was trying to float while I was in full gear, a stupid helmet that didn't fit, and all while carrying a rubber M16A2. Blah blah. I'll say it wasn't a bed of roses that's for sure. Sadly I went swim unq. I freaked out when I couldn't lift my head out of the water. But that was then..this is now. Yeah I like to babble.

I decided to attend last nights Team swim practice to give it another shot. More swim practice is better then none right. At one point I felt like the baby in yellow. Do what again? Do another 100 yards doing what - I forget what it's called already. Honestly think we swam a total of 750 yards or maybe more. At one point I lost count. It wasn't bad, I'm not complaining, it was just very exhausting. You know that song from finding Nemo - just keep swimming - I was actually singing that to myself. After a while I started smiling again (to myself) and started saying...I could do this! I really could!!!  . 


 
My BFF Sue Baker read my blog post from yesterday and said she cried. Tears of happiness. She really does love the Triathlon team and I can understand why. The coaches are so patient and really are with you the whole time. 
 

A quick update on my fundraiser. The list of opportunity drawings keeps on getting better.

When I created my FB Invite I was pretty vague about the Journey Fan prize package. I wasn't sure what I would be getting so..I kind of left it open ended. I did get an email yesterday confirming what the prize package will be. 

drum roll please......
2 Tickets (YES TICKETS) to the Journey Concert on July 21 at the San Manuel Amphitheater, San Bernardino, CA. 2012 Tour merchandise items with an autographed copy of the "Live in Manila" concert DVD.  Did you know this concert starts their 2012 Tour? So you know it's going to be good! And Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo (from loverboy) will there. Wait..come to think of it I want those tickets. Just kidding, maybe, but I may have to bribe the prize winner to take me along. 

 

AND if you haven't checked..I also got the word that the Ellen Show is donating tickets to the show. I've been a few times and totally loved the experience. So DON'T ask me to give you the tickets. You will have to come to my event to get your 'opportunity' to win them. Even if you are family, and I pulled your hair, and I love you a lot..you will have to attend. Love you Espi. :)  



I've said this before, but really am fortunate to have such great people in my life. Thank you again.
 

 

 

No comments: